Skype yoga is the newest trend in yoga these days. It’s an online and interactive lesson and you don’t even have to leave your house!
How does it work? First you download and login to the free internet program, Skype. You can then call me on your computer, from anywhere in the world. Then we have a live lesson on a video chat call using our webcams. You can see me and I can see you. I demonstrate and walk you through poses personalized to your needs. I give you adjustments verbally when I see your pose is a little off and help you modify a pose if it doesn’t work for you.
Here are some of the benefits:
- You don’t feel any of the intimidation that you can sometimes get practicing in front of other people.
- You also don’t have to spend the time and money on gas traveling to a studio.
- This is one-on-one so everything is at your level (but don’t worry I’ll still give you enough of a challenge!).
You don’t need to have done any yoga previously to learn and practice yoga this way. I have taught total beginners through Skype and they’ve done marvelously. I also teach couples, families and friends through Skype yoga as well.
• a computer with speakers and a microphone (usually built in)
• a webcam (a video camera compatible with your computer, often built in at the top of the screen)
• the Skype program (totally free online)
• enough room to do yoga poses and for me to see you doing them on camera
Here’s what some of my Skype students are saying:
“Because of distance and my busy family schedule, our sessions together are via Skype. My private lessons with her have been much more productive than just doing a yoga dvd, because she offers me variety every week and is able to critique my poses so I can get an even better stretch. Her program is entirely catered to me and my needs, and I am really seeing results.”
“One thing I love about doing Yoga with Kick Stand Fitness is the flexibility of being trained via Skype. I have never liked to pay for Yoga classes when I know I will be out of town for vacation or business. And, I am not motivated enough to do Yoga regularly on my own and when I have, I wasn’t sure if I was doing it correctly.
I love that Amber can see me and move at my pace in a personalized Yoga session each week. It’s great that I don’t have to find child care or leave my home (I wouldn’t want others to see my Yoga anyway). And best of all, in the last four months, I have done Yoga with Amber in Brazil, Arizona, Michigan, Indiana, Georgia, and Pennsylvania. I haven’t had to miss a single session and it’s great after flying to stretch and relax.”
View availability and/or schedule a session with Amber by clicking on the calendar below.
Payments made at the beginning of each session.